Monday, August 3, 2015

First things first!

Even though this was "Lou's trip," since I was responsible for booking most of it, in December I decided to book the part of the trip that I wanted most first, just to get the ball rolling. I started looking at agriturismos in the Tuscany area. I didn't know anyone who'd ever done a farm stay so TripAdvisor and google became my best friends.

I found several that seemed promising, but I settled on Agriturismo Cretaiole in Pienza. http://www.cretaiole.it/index.php/en/ It sounded like just what I was looking for. A relaxing farm stay outside a historic Italian town. Good food, good company, guidance on what to see, do and eat.

I started communicating with Isabella at the hotel. By December 16th, I had us booked into La Cantina for the week starting October 3rd, complete with the Dolce Vita stay which includes tastings, cooking class and tours. Perfect! I only needed to guarantee the reservation and we'd be out no money if we canceled prior to April 17th. I figured we'd have a better idea of what the rest of our trip was going to look like by then. Plus I figured that would be the time that I'd have to start worrying about trip insurance. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment