Monday, August 3, 2015

More on Sicily

Once the decision was made to tack on Sicily to the end of our trip, our good friend Rosario, from Sicily, would ask us about our plans each and every time we went into his deli, Little Italy in Inverness.

Rosario laughed and laughed when he heard about our $45 per night agriturismo. But he didn't try to convince us otherwise.He did, however, convince us to drive from Sorrento to Sicily, along the coast, rather than taking the train.I really didn't enjoy being in the car so much on our honeymoon (nor did I enjoy the tickets we received after the fact) and I was looking forward to being on the train. But... Rosario did have a point. I'd keep an open mind.

While Lou was spending his time playing on Google maps, I started booking more hotels. We still hadn't agreed on dates for the trip. We hadn't seriously starting looking at flights. But I wrote up a rough itinerary, did my research on TripAdvisor and Expedia, and I started booking.

No comments:

Post a Comment