Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Packing list


His and hers packing lists. I waited to post this until day of departure. Lucky I checked as I realized that he didn't have a bathing suit on his list. So in addition to sharing our first attempt at packing light, it was useful as a double check. He is now putting his bathing suit in the suitcase even though it won't show up on his list.

We're attempting for the first time to travel light. I know some people attempt to travel light every time they travel. Some succeed and some don't. We've never tried. On this end it worked. I'll let you know how it really works once we get home.


Clothing for him:
Five polo shirts
Four slacks
Five shorts
6 tee shirts
11 pair underwear
Five casual socks
Four dress socks
One pair dress shoes
One pair sandals
One light jacket for cool evenings

Can you believe this all fits in my carry-on?
I'm checking my carry-on and only carrying my camera bag.







Clothing for her:
3 pair pants
1 pair capris  
            Who knew these were invited in Capri?
1 pair shorts
1 sundress
1 black sweater
3 long sleeve shirts
5 short sleeve shirts
4 three-quarter sleeve shirts
10 pair panties
10 pair socks
4 bras
1 pair shoes
1 pair sneakers
1 pair flip flops
1 pair pajamas
1 "winter" jacket"
1 bathing suit
(Plus what I'm wearing on the plane: jeans, 3/4 sleeve shirt, socks, panties, bra, sneakers and a sweatshirt)

Toiletries and personal items (for her only - he didn't share his list)
comb & brush
medications
reading glasses
sunglasses
passport holder (to wear around my neck or around my waist)
nail clipper
tweezers
emery board
toothbrush/toothpaste
shampoo
sunscreen
deodorant
face wash
make up/make up remover

Electronics:
camera with extra lenses
battery charger
4 SD cards (32 gig each)
iPad card reader
iPad
iPad charger
iPhone
iPhone charger
cigarette lighter USB connector
FitBit charger

Other:
passport
2 credit cards
1 debit card
1 driver's license
itinerary notes
Q&A book (like my little diary)
notebook This is the only thing that I couldn't fit into my camera bag in my attempt to travel light. I printed itinerary notes on one side only so I will use the backs of the itinerary pages in place of a notebook. I like to keep track of what we do while we're out and about.

I am hoping there will be ample Wifi time to keep this blog up-to-date while we're away. Check back in a few days to see.

After years of talking and months of planning,
we're off... Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment